Wednesday, July 22, 2009

300 words just dont do it

...but unfortunately thats all i get to tell a stranger who has never seen me (and maybe never will) to tell about my past, where i want to go in life and how ISB will help me get there. How is it even possible?

The first draft I wrote had above 1000 words. Then I shortened and got it down to 750. But below that, I had to chop out some serious information. I dont know if I get the point across now since Ive reduced it to 300 words.

If you ever happen to read my earlier posts, you'll know that I am a sucker for rambling. I go on and on like crazy people. People have to come and hand cuff me and tie me down to my bed so that I'd stop writing.

And now I am supposed to describe my 3 distinguishing qualities in 300 words. I say "Im a good girl" and boom! 300 words over.

But then a girl has to do what she has to do. I've finished my first draft. Cant say about the content and the impact though. After all, what will the adcom think of me if I just get to say "Im a good girl"? They'll probably stretch and yawn and say "lady, the world is full of good girls"...and then in the extended stretch, they'll push my application in the dust bin.

3 comments:

Cheekya said...

"World is full of good girls" ..... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ............................................
I hope to find one......! no two ....

Nam said...

thanks for writing a light comment..for once..

Dharmteja Mansingh said...

Huh... narcissist U :P

Hope u make thru..
DTM