Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Count your blessings

Last week was not particularly a good one. Something I was planning on doing for a while didn't materialize. Well, I was disappointed but I got back on my feet fairly quickly and I'm back to my rocking self. Obviously, having good friends around you always helps, doesn't it? And that brings us to the case in point, namely, Abs.

He, single-handedly, pulled me out of the doldrums by trying (really hard) to cheer me up till very late in the night. He stuck around till he was sure that I'm really really sleepy and don't have any more energy to sulk :). The fact that he lives nowhere close to me just made his task a lot tougher but then if it ain't tough, it's not worth writing about!

Then early morning, the doorbell rang and at the door was this:



Now, aren't they right when they say, if you can't be there, do the next best thing - send flowers. Well, I don't think anybody has said that, but I wish someone would :).



When I asked abs why he sent me flowers now, he said "expect the unexpected". The statement is flawed and I really want to ask him how to expect the unexpected. Because if I expect something, it won't remain unexpected. But Whatever!

The whole thing reminded me once again how I am so blessed with the most amazing friends who bless me with these lovely gestures. Ups and downs are a part of life - we just need to count our blessings!

2 comments:

Ram said...

Beautiful flowers and lot of sweet memories on the wall!. Lucky to have such amazing friends.

Atul said...

:-)