Monday, February 7, 2011

A weekend of learning and a farewell

It was a busy busy weekend like several past weekends. All of my weekends for a couple of months now have been roller coaster rides except the one after I came back from goa-mumbai from my new year vacation. That weekend I decided to veg-in inside the house and be 'non-happening'. Ha.

Though many of these weekends were dedicated to friends, I have also spent considerable number of weekends cleaning my house in preparation for having these friends over.

But, this weekend was different. I cleaned though I'm not expecting friends anytime soon! (I think I need help!) And that too, I cleaned my windows - grills and panes and all that! (I definitely need help!)

My sister's husband is leaving banaglore for good after being here for 1 year. When my sister used to visit him, she had assorted a few plants for my pots. I never cared to pick them up and she always forgot to bring them along. Now that her husband was leaving and I had to meet him to bid him farewell from this city, I picked up my plants from his place. And THAT was the good part of my weekend.

I was soo excited that I couldn't wait for sunday morning to get some new pots. (It was late saturday when I got the plants) Early sunday morning I drove to my nursery guy, got some new pots and planted my newly acquired flora in them. I was so pleased to see my new babies all set.

In between all this, I went to the school that I go to on saturday only to find it closed. What a waste!

And in between all this also, including friday late night, I learnt a new thing - How to create collages in picasa. And how I can put them up on my header. I was so excited that I was up on friday night waaay past my bedtime just experimenting with collages.

Well, to sum up my entire weekend, I present to you a collage of my new potted plants :P. And, ofcourse, there's the header!

6 comments:

Atul said...

hallelujah!! ... and nice theme of the website as well ... take care and keep posting! :-)

Atul said...

errr... i am curious about Atlas! wat happened to him after he shrugged?

Ram said...

Beautiful. Now you got some work to do at home every weekend :). And lets hope you will get a chance to use the picassa learning for another collage with flowers on those plants.

Nam said...

@atul: Atlas was a very very happy and content man after he shrugged. :) It's in the book!

@Ram: Good idea!

Atul said...

@nam: i know about THAT atlas :) ... i was concerned about the Atlas on ur blog header!

jsha said...

Nice work dear. I truely think you are inching towards the life you aspire and you inspire me. Love thy till death....hahaha