Friday, March 11, 2011

i love the mail!

Yes I do. And wouldn't you too if the mail keeps surprising you with wonderful stuff!

Such as this:



When I received this in my office, I was completely stumped. I did not even come close to guessing who could have sent me such a big package. Expecting some promotional material from some company, I didn't even want to open it.

But then I saw the return address and I was intrigued to say the least. Then I read the accompanying letter and opened the package and inside was this beautiful girl.



And she has a story and it goes like this: she was brought to life by (no prizes for guessing) Kaurvika aka Keiku. I completely loved her when I saw her and from then on she lived on the wall behind my system at Powai Labs which is where I worked. She didn't have this lovely frame then. Then I left Powai Labs (in a hurry) and i forgot about her.

Well, some people didn't. Or maybe they did for 3 years. But the important thing is that they remembered her after all, got a nice frame for her and sent her to me. Now she's mine all over again. Lovely ain't it!

That's why I love the mail. Otherwise, how would these beautiful gestures travel across the wide chasms that separate people.

No comments: