Friday, November 19, 2010

chikka mari!!

I remember when my bestest friend Su's dad used to call her "shali mari" and i used to burst out laughing because in hindi 'mari' translates to 'died'. Well, that was not what her dad meant. Her dad was endearingly calling her a sweet little kid, loosely translated from Kannada.

And now 'shali mari' has a 'mari' of her own. The title says 'chikka mari' because having been in bangalore for sometime, I myself have picked up a bit of Kannada and 'chikka' is small. So there you go.

151073_460256041606_574691606_6006286_6530148_n

I can't believe that that mad young girl who used to do walk back from college with me is now a mom to a beautiful daughter! And let me tell you Su is pretty mad, the maddest girl I've known. To see her with her daughter is such a joy because this is what she always wanted and dreamt of.

To many more of her dreams coming true!!

No comments: