Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hepatitis E

The illness has kept me company for a month now.

I thought I was having acidity as I had nausea and the mention of food made me sick. Then I started throwing up when I ate and even when I didn't eat. My friend dragged me to the doc who didn't have to do much except look at me to tell me I had hepatitis. He asked me not to go home and get admitted, which I did. That's me, in the casualty ward, getting iv fluid. (I was given a room later)

IMG_0912

Many needle pricks, saline bottles, 4 days in the hospital, 4 weeks of home arrest and 6 weeks of teetotalling later, I am doing good now. I was yellow like a clown and I look like a crow after all the weight loss.

The silver lining is that I've become extra careful about the water I drink. Then there is being off alcohol for sometime. Lastly, since I've lost a few kgs, I can eat so many more dutch truffles, chocolate donuts, chocolate croissants, lindts and mithai. Time to honor my sweet tooth.

3 comments:

Cheekya said...

hmmm... shit u missed matching nail polish(Yellow) and matching bed sheet (yellow)...:-)

Cheekya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nam said...

well you should have brought those instead of the fruits :)