Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cinderella's deadline

FUGA - That's where they play bollywood music every Friday night. And that's where you'll find me most Friday nights.

Infact the place has become my second home for Friday nights. So much so that last Friday, I got out of office, changed into a t-shirt and headed straight to Fuga. I mean no bath, no hair wash, no make-up, no dressing up. People would refuse to have a coffee with me in that attire. Yet, there I was at a nightclub.

So there's nothing new - it's always the same place, the same drink, the same set of friends, the same music. Hell, the dj has one set and ofcourse, I know it like I know the cd in my car. And I'm not complaining. No No that's not what I'm doing. I like the familiarity, the comfort, the zone. Though I always want to kill dj Jasmeet when he plays 'roop suhana lagta hai' and 'sajna ji'. C'mon what're you thinking! But then this time he played 'amplifier' and got his lifeline back.

And adding 'amplifier' to the dj set was not the only new thing that happened last time around. We were all dancing, glancing at our watches, and when it was around 11.20pm, we braced ourselves for the last song announcement. Yes that's how early it is and I always hate it but I've also learnt to live with it. This time too the dj plays his trademark concluding song, makes a last song announcement and turns on the lights. However, unlike any other time, this time the concluding song is followed by yet another song. Magic!

Yup. (Bring on the drum roll) The dj played for 20 minutes past the deadline.

At 11.54pm, when he finally wrapped up there were still some shouts for more music. The condescending dj then asked people to look at their watches and reminded them that never before have they partied till this hour. Atleast in Bengalooru, may I add.

Again I'm not complaining. This was a night of no-dressing-up, amplifier and 20 extra minutes of partying! Much fun and paisa vasool!

1 comment:

Atul said...

...i heard about the 'strict' party timings of the pub city b4... good to know you are 'bouncing back'... enjoy! :)

btw if the coffee is good i won't mind ur unkempt hair!