Monday, December 7, 2009

Su is getting married!

Update on one of my previous posts: "Su wants to get married"

Su is getting married. which is a good thing because she is getting married to a person who truly loves her. Cynical that I am about marriages and relationships, I firmly believe that love and familiarity are the only right reasons to get married.

It was around 8 months back that she called to tell me that Wisdom had proposed to her. Wisdom had been the topic of quite a few of our animated conversations prior to this, so the date was something that was just waiting to happen. But the sudden proposal was totally unexpected and I remember being as excited as a teen girl watching Robert Pattinson in twilight when I heard the news. But the real confirmation was not going to come for a long long time and everyone, including Wisdom, waited for a good 6-7 months.

Now that the d-day is just 2 days away, I am feeling all emotional and genuinely happy. Quite opposite to me, Su has always loved marriages and kids and happy little families who sing and dance together. And I truly truly wish her dream comes true for her.

And I am not feeling bad like last time when my other friends got maried because after marriage Su will live closer to my house in Mumbai. Fun.

1 comment:

notgogol said...

'Wisdom'?!? Either someone's parents were very unimaginatively un'wise' to name their child Wisdom or your literal Hindi to English translation in an attempt to secure privacy etc. is incompetent but bloody hilarious.