Saturday, June 9, 2007

one day better spent


we were planning to go out for a very long time. she wanted to take me out of the rut that my life has become and probably get herself out as well. she basically is the adventurous type.."would you come to a lounge/disc for 4 hrs?" "no i dont want to/i have some work/i am not the party types" are the standard replies. "do you want to go to some obscure place for a whole day or two and walk/climb and cover yourself with mud/bruises and get sore feet,legs and body" "now/tomorrow?" is the standard response.

so thats about it as far as planning was concerned.

"i have to head out for the day...do you wanna come or shud i go alone?"..so much for friendship..that too best friends

"count me in" there's nothing much in my life except her right now, so negative answer was not an option

"wake up tomorrow at 5.45 and reach my place..or forget it...ill wake you up"...so much for trust in my 'waking up' abilities

and damn her...she called 10 minutes earlier to wake me up..bloody early risers. i hate it. and what i hate more than that is taking a bath that early. who needs to do that? when you know you'll be covered in sweat(not only your own), mud, dirt, pollution. but the entire debate is in vain and you have to bathe for 'general well being' of by-standers.

turned out to be a futile exercise as we got into the same compartment as the machhi waalis (wow that smell..i can still smell it) and by the end of the journey you cudnt make out where you ended and the other person began. so much for bathing at 6 am.

btw we were heading out for matheran. after the lame start the trip turned out to be good, with the degree of good increasing as the day progressed. after we hunted for food (not literally..she's pure veg..damn them) she wanted to 'do a horse'..forget it was my response..i was not going to ride those creatures in this life atleast..and before i knew it i was on one of them..scared and insecure.

not bad was the initial reaction which unfortunately remained the same till the end. though the fear galloped out.

the honeymoon point was the hit of the day. initially we were little amused that we shud go to the point given the circumstances that were that time. but then turned out to be a good place even for two girl friends who have been thought of as lesbians more than once by more than one person. major heart pouring from my side there. she thought it was a good time to get all truths out of me (chance pe dance as she says) . even asked me to look her in the eye to prove the veracity of my claims. dunno whether i passed or failed. she didnt tell me that.

then came the next high point.. rains..we were walking now..forest on both sides..thin lane and dense fog..perfect setting for that kiss according to me..seconded by her. nobody else to third it. nobody to kiss :( seriously nobody in sight, not a trace of human race..which made her freak out a bit. but then there i was.. her pillar of strength..:)

and then i was like "you know what would make the setting perfect? a chai" and as if a genie had heard me..there was chai and biscuit...it was absolutely heavenly..maybe i could have asked for a spaceship and i would have got that too..

and to end that almost perfect day was the walk on the tracks...

i wish my life was like that track...just keep walking straight...no crossroads...no options...no decisions..no regrets...

1 comment:

jsha said...

Babes! That is so ****ing well written.I just loved it.Pure reliving the moment, it was.
Don't u ever stop blogging! I'll kill ya:)