Friday, July 9, 2010

Feeling European

The sky's been overcast here for past couple of days. Cloudy and cold. Grey and gloomy. Some people love this weather that makes them wanna sleep till late and sit with a hot chai. I, on the other hand, am a sunshine person.

I love the sun even if it means higher temperatures. I do not like grey and damp days. Clothes don't dry, towels don't dry, the walls are cold, the floor is cold, everything is damp and has that weird wet smell to it.

Well, in the afternoon today, we did have the sun pop out for a few minutes. Instantly, as if on a subconscious urge, I wanted to go out for a walk and soak up the sun. And I did. Enjoying my walk and the mild sunshine, I remembered all those tales that my "friends"* from Europe tell me about how at the hint of sunshine, people dress up in their smallest clothes and come out to enjoy the sun. I never in my weirdest dream thought that I would do so one day. We are in the tropics and the sun here is not funny. And yet there I was, walking outside only to feel the sun and the warmth on my skin.

The whole incident made me feel so Europeified. I didn't dress skimpy, though, but only because no one else around me was europeified.

* The "friends" above is in quotes because though I call these people who are in Europe right now friends, I would rather see them in an eagle's claws. There they are, sitting in Europe and telling me how the place is so beautiful or how they are having so much fun or how nice the weather is. You didn't expect me to wish otherwise.

2 comments:

Ram said...

Yeah..this time Sun is concentrating on people in eastern US. Temps are crossing 100F everyday. Nobody wants to come out side even with short clothes.

Atul said...

... europeified cowgirl and the cold dark clouds... keep writing Dolphin... :-)