Sunday, October 23, 2011

Green thumb baby!!

I grew this and ate this.



I am quite a farmer that way! I love gardening and that's what I do on lazy saturdays and sundays. Here in bangalore, it's not really work to grow anything. And I mean ANYTHING. The weather is great, the soil is perfect, the sun's perfect and the plants are really really cheap. I used to have plants in mumbai as well but I shelled out a lot more and worked a lot harder to maintain them. So, here it's all easy peasy lemon squeazy for me :)


This is not a tomato plant. Am just saying, just in case!

But I'd never grown vegetables before. This was my first attempt. I think I did pretty well. Organic pesticide free tomatoes. I also grew chillies or atleast I thought I was growing chillies till the plant flowered and I realized that that was also a tomato plant! What? I've done some mix-up definitely but I'm not complaining. I have lot of baby tomatoes waiting to turn big and red :)

4 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

Ha! Cute blog you've got here. That library you posted was A-mazing!

Nam said...

Yay! You left a comment. I always read your blog. It's kind of unreal to see your comment on mine!

Sho said...

Good job. Roots kicking in.

Nam said...

Yup! I'm a farmer's grand daughter..farming flows in my blood dude!